Essential – Text Expansion, Multiple Clipboards, Notes, Reminders, and Scripting
Reduce clutter in your menubar by having a multi-clip utility, a text expansion tool, notes, reminders and scripting all in one place and working together to increase your productivity.
Text Expansion, Multiple Clipboards, Notes,
iOS Popup, Reminders, Scripting and More for Mac
yType is a productivity tool to amplify your typing ability. Type a few characters (shortcut) to paste a much larger block of text (expansion) like your name, a url, picture or even several pages of formatted text instantly anywhere on your Mac in any application.
Do you get tired typing the same url, address or response letter all the time? Save hours of time, typing hundreds of characters and the strain on your hands, eyes and brain of doing the same thing over and over. This is what computers are for. Use yType and type a few letters and a space to pop into any document a word, a sentence, a page, 20 pages or even more instantly. Use yType to ‘do less and accomplish more’.
Another way that yType can save time is in typing symbols and other difficult to find unicode characters. Make up your own unique shortcut names like like vheart for ? , etc. for unicode characters you might find useful like vcent for ¢, veuro for €, cp for ©, reg for ®, tm for ™, etc… yType makes all symbols much easier to use.
Do you have Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia? That is the fear of long words. yType is the cure for this dreaded disease which afflicts children like the Hawaiian boy whose name is Kananinoheaokuuhomeopuukaimanaalohilo. yType would allow him to type just ‘ka’ and a space or return to expand his whole name instantly saving him thousands of hours he might otherwise spend during his lifetime just typing his own name. Here is another Hawaiian who could benefit from using yType for her name.
- create a shortcut (a few letters) to enter large blocks of text or pictures and formatted text in any mac application.
- copy and paste or drag in the blocks of text, pictures or formatted text.
- use variables to insert the month, day, year, time, cursor, timezone.
- embed one variable within another.
- search thru all shortcut/expansion pairs.
- available in English, French, Russian, Spanish, Italian, German, Swedish and Japanese. Please help us add your language.
yType requires Mac OS 10.5, 10.6 or higher.
- name field appears in shortcuts hierarchical menu
- fixed the issue when selecting the registration menu then it did not load the registration page.
- fixed string of numbers loading too fast.
- - first release