• Digitally sign your work/photos/graphic/artwork with iWatermark and claim and maintain the recognition you deserve.
• Build your company brand, by having your company logo on all your images.
• Avoid the surprise of seeing your artwork elsewhere on the web or in an ad.
• Avoid the conflicts and headaches with plagiarists who claim they didn't know that you created it.
• Avoid the costly litigation that can be involved after that.
• Avoid intellectual property squabbles.
Viral Photos Used Illegally
Man Finds His Photography Used Around the World Without His Knowing.
Photo of celebrities used without permission finally settled.
Famous photographer has photo stolen and his photo is entered into a contest by the thief.
Massive problems for everyone when photos are used without permission.
This woman's space shuttle photo was tweeted and used millions of times by various media outlets mostly without recognition.
Visible vs Invisible Watermarks
There are two main techniques for watermarking your images. One is the visible method, used by iWatermark, where you superimpose your logo or signature onto your image.
The second is designed to be invisible, and is used by companies such as Digimark. Hidden throughout the picture, within the code that generates it, is a recognizable pattern that identifies it as being your artwork.
This technique is usually far more expensive and has two major drawbacks. It almost always reduces the quality of the picture, and it may encourage people to copy your work because it does not appear to be copyrighted. In both cases, a skilled graphic designer intent on using your image, can find ways to remove your watermark at a cost to the quality of the image.
We feel that when you watermark photos it serves 2 purposes.
1. It lets people know this is not just a loose photo avaiable for any use.
2. It can contain your information. Like name, email, site, whatever you want to display so people can contact you.
To learn more about the comparison of visible vs invisible watermarking, here is a great article on the subject.
Official Sponsor of: